Training Program 2023-2024
Encircle Wellness is a group of knowledgeable, fun, and supportive therapists looking for clinical therapy students who enjoys working with innovative, young adults in a diverse and energetic community. Encircle welcomes individuals from different races, gender, sexual orientations, abilities, socioeconomic status, religions, cultures, and spirituality; we are looking for students who have enthusiasm for working with these different populations. As a student in our practice, you will be matched with a Licensed Therapist who will provide you with on-going supervision and support, and shares your similar interests. You’ll also have the opportunity to learn from, and consult with, other therapists and students in the practice.
We are a Private Practice who works with people throughout all of Illinois, and primarily with adolescents and young adults in downtown Chicago in the fantastic West Loop area. Our office is steps from the pink and green line EL stop at Clinton, has ample street parking, borders River North and the Loop, and is within 2 blocks of Ogilvie Metra, the French Market and Fulton Market (yes, we are the nexus of these areas!).
Currently, we are working both remotely and in-person by offering virtual sessions (at home and in the office), and conducting sessions in our spacious office. As an added safety precaution in the office, we’ve had UVC lights installed in the HVAC system, which is known to kill 99% of bacteria and viruses, including the covid virus.
Our mission: Encircle guides creative, young professionals toward reaching your best self by supporting all aspects of you that make you whole, and teaches you skills for better coping and communication. We offer knowledgeable, personable, and skilled therapists who provide you with the clarity you need to help you feel grounded, and flourish.
Our values: Encircle honors people’s choices and goals, without judgment or biases. We believe in having patience and meeting people where they are, approaching them with genuine curiosity, and offering kindness. We believe that we all live in a cohesive community where it is our responsibility to work collaboratively toward a shared goal of inclusion and helping our fellow neighbor.
If you feel you align with our mission and values, we encourage you to apply!
The student therapist will receive training in, and be responsible for:
- Conducting intake sessions and providing a diagnosis
- Providing ongoing individual therapy and/or couples/family therapy
- Opportunity to run group therapy if you’d like
- Consulting with other professionals involved in the patient’s care
- Completing necessary paperwork in a timely manner (e.g. notes, treatment plans, etc.)
- Attending in, and engaging in, staff meetings and case consultations every other week
The student should meet the following:
- Organized, punctual, and insightful
- Engaged with the team and colleagues
- Eager to learn and receive feedback in an effort to help you grow as a clinician
- Available to work in a hybrid model (if you prefer only virtual, or only in person, we can certainly discuss these options!)
- Available July 10, 2023-June 30, 2024 (this will help to ease you into a full case load by fall)
If this is of interest to you, please send the following materials by March 3, 2023 to Sarah Schwartz, LCSW at Sarah@EncircleW.com
- A one page statement / cover letter sharing the following:
- Your passion and reasons you feel you would be a good fit with Encircle Wellness
- Populations you enjoy working with, and populations you feel are not a good fit for you
- Presenting issues you enjoy working with, and ones you feel are not a good fit for you
- Theoretical orientation / theory of change
- Type of therapy you’d like to primarily do (Individual, Couples, Family, Group)
- Any areas you plan to specialize in, or would like to be trained in
- 3 letters of recommendation
Please visit www.EncircleW.com to learn more about Encircle Wellness, or contact Sarah at Sarah@EncircleW.com or 312-525-8887 if you have any questions.
We look forward to connecting with you!